Call Now: (+91) 7667 642 988
Please Fill The Form Below For Immediate Guidance
VIT University - Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
VIT is the first educational institution in India to get international accreditations for its programmes. The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), United Kingdom and the Energy Institute, United Kingdom have audited the Teaching
-Learning Processes at VIT and accredited the respective programmes, in the
year 2004, with the highest validity of 5 years.
College Accrediations: VIT, Vellore
VIT University Has The Following Accrediations:
Eligiblity: Vellore Institute of Technology University
B.Tech. Degree Programmes
Minimum Eligibility criteria
- Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply.
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1991 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2013.
- The date of birth as recorded in the High School / SSC / X Certificate will be considered authentic.
- Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM) candidates are eligible for all the programmes
- Physics, Chemistry & Biology (PCB) candidates are eligible only for B.Tech. Bioinformatics, Biotechnology & Biomedical Engineering programmes
- Candidates appearing for the 10+2 examination in the current year are also eligible to apply.
- A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum average of 60% of marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB)
- A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with 50% average marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Biology(PCM / PCB) for Candidates belonging to SC/ST and Students hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and from the North Eastern States of Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, Sikkim, Nagaland, Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST category must fill in the proforma which will be available in the information brochure and it has to be attested by competent authority.
- Candidates hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, Sikkim, Nagaland, Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh should fill in CERTIFICATE TO PROVE NATIVITY proforma which will be available in the information brochure and it has to be attested by competent authority.
- These documents should be produced at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
Important Dates For Students
JEE (Main) 2013 (Indian Institutes of Technology Joint Entrance Examination)
Paper-1 (Pen & Paper Based Examination):07.04.2013
Paper-1 (Computer Based Examination): Between 8th April to 25th April, 2013
Paper-2 (Pen & Paper Based Examination only):07.04.2013
JEE (Advanced) 2013
(Pen & Paper Based Examination only): 02.06.2013
SRMEEE 2013 (SRM University Engineering Entrance Exam)
The SRMEEE 2013 Entrance Exam will be conducted in two modes:
Offline Mode: this test will be pen and paper based and will be conducted on 20th April, 2013, Saturday from 10.00 am to 12.30 pm.
- Results will be published on 30th April 2013
VITEEE 2013 (Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination)
- April 15th to 30th. Computer Based Exam (new)
- Declaration of Results (Tentative) Monday May 6th, 2013
Running Courses: VIT, Vellore
School of Mechanical and Building Sciences (SMBS)
- B. Tech. Civil Engineering
- B. Tech. Mechanical Engineering
- B. Tech. Mechanical Engineering (specialization in Energy Engineering)
- B. Tech. Mechanical Engineering (specialization in Chemical Process Engineering)
- M. Tech. Automotive Engineering – in collaboration with ARAI, Pune
- M. Tech. CAD / CAM
- M. Tech. Energy & Environmental Engineering
- M. Tech. Mechatronics
- M. Tech. Structural Engineering
School of Computing Sciences and Engineering (SCSE)
- B. Tech. Computer Science and Engineering
- B. Sc. Computer Science
- M. Tech. Computer Science and Engineering
- M. Sc. Computer Science
School of Electrical Engineering (SELECT)
- B. Tech. Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B. Tech. Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- M. Tech. Power Electronics and Drives
School of Information Technology and Engineering (SITE)
- B. Tech. Information Technology
- B. C. A. (Bachelor of Computer Applications)
- M. Tech. Information Technology - Networking
- M. C. A. (Master of Computer Applications)
- M. S. Software Engineering (5 Year Integrated Programme)
School of Electronics Engineering (SENSE)
- B. Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering
- M. Tech. Automotive Electronics in collaboration with TIFAC-CORE industry partners
- M. Tech. Communication Engineering
- M. Tech. Nanotechnology
- M. Tech. Sensor System Technology
- M. Tech. VLSI Design
School of Bio Sciences and Technology
- B.Tech. (Bioinformatics)
- B.Tech. (Biomedical Engineering)
- B. Tech. (Biotechnology)
- M.Tech. (Biotechnology)
- M.Tech. (Biomedical Engineering)
- M.Sc. (Applied Microbiology)
- M.Sc. (Biomedical Genetics)
- M.Sc. (Biotechnology)
- M.Sc. (Biotechnology) (5-Year Integrated programme)
KCG College of Technology, Chennai
School of Advanced Sciences (SAS)
- M. Sc. Chemistry (Organic / Inorganic / Analytical)
- M. Sc. Electronics
- M. Sc. Pharmaceutical Chemistry
School of Social Sciences (SSS)
- B. Com. (Computer Applications)
VIT Business School
Today the school offers 4 post- graduate programmes, as follows:.
- 2-year MBA
- 2-year MBA in International Business
- 5-year Integrated MBA
- 5-year Integrated B. Tech-MBA degree
It also offers a Ph.D. in Management.
Help and Support
eduEntrance has the very best phone and email support.
Call us on the phone numbers mentioned, or mail us and our expert counselors will guide you through your higher education planning.
Call Us: (+91) 7667 642 988
- The admission will be purely on the basis of the marks secured in the VITEEE-2013, conducted by VIT
- Candidates who have not appeared for the VITEEE
are not eligible for admission.
- The candidates will be short-listed based on their entrance
examination marks and will be called for the counselling.
Schedule of VITEEE 2013 Computer Based Test (CBT)
- VIT Engineering Entrance Examination will be
conducted from 15.04.2013 to 30.04.2013
- The duration of the entrance examination will be 2 hours
Pattern of the Entrance Examination - VITEEE 2013
All Questions will be of OBJECTIVE TYPE.
- PART-I - Physics
- PART-II - Chemistry
- PART-III - Mathematics / Biology
- Candidates attempting Parts-Physics, Chemistry &
Mathematics are eligible for all the 13 programmes
- Candidates attempting Parts-Physics, Chemistry &
Biology are eligible for Bioinformatics, Bio-Medical
Engineering and Biotechnology programmes only.
- The selection of pattern (Physics/ Chemistry /
Mathematics or Biology) has to be decided at the
time of slot booking.
- All the questions will be mostly from the State Board of
Higher Secondary Education and the CBSE syllabus only.
The syllabus for the Entrance Examination is given in
APPENDIX-IV of this Brochure.
- Each part has 40 questions and each question carries one
- Each question is followed by 4 alternative answers. The
candidate will have to choose the correct answer and click
- No negative marks for wrong answers.
The Question paper will be only in English.
VITEEE 2013 Computer Based Test (CBT) - Important Information
- The candidate sits in front of the computer and the
questions are presented on the monitor.
- The candidate submits his or her answer through the use
- The computer is connected to the server, which delivers
the encrypted test in real time through a secure and
- Entrance test assumes that the candidate has the basic
familiarity with the use of computer like use of keyboard,
if required and mouse operation.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to acquire these
skills before appearing in the entrance test and the
University cannot take the responsibility for the same.
Online Test Procedure
- The candidates must ensure that the computer allotted to
them is switched on and any problem of the computer
should be informed to the invigilator immediately.
- All questions will be of the Multiple Choice Question
(MCQ) type. Each MCQ consists of a stem which may be
in the form of a question or an incomplete statement and
four responses labeled A, B, C and D. Only one of the four
responses is the correct answer. Candidate needs to
choose that answer. Candidates can navigate freely
through the questions back and forth.
Online Test Booking System
- Online Test booking system is a web based online
scheduling system available at www.vit.ac.in
- Candidate should first choose the Test City (This should
be the same as chosen in the applications form) and then
the date and the batch for the exams.
- The schedule bookings are done on a first-come firstserved
basis and are subject to the availability of the test
centre date and time.
Online Test Booking Password
- For both OMR and online applications, the password
will be sent by email to the email address mentioned
in the application form. Therefore it is mandatory to
give correct email address.
- University will not be responsible for non receipt of the
email, if the email address given is incomplete or incorrect.
- The security of your Online Test Booking Password is
totally your responsibility. VIT University will not be held
accountable or responsible for any claim or loss that
results directly or indirectly from any unauthorized use or
misuse of your online test booking password.
- The Online Test Booking Password must be kept
confidential. Do not disclose it to others or write them
down or store them in a file on your computer or as autosave
- Your Online Test Booking Password is required only for
the purpose of booking a schedule given by the
University. Please note that the online test booking system
will not allow the candidates to book a slot after the
booking end date.
- While booking your test schedule, please ensure that you
have a photocopy of the application form you submitted
and the Online Test Booking Password
- After logging into the Online Test Booking System you
have to select the test you wish to apply for i.e. you have to
select Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics or Physics/
Chemistry/ Biology from the drop down menu to
- A slot once booked cannot be changed. Request for
change of test city, date or slot will not be entertained
under any circumstances.
- In case of non availability of slots in a test centre of
choice, the candidate may choose to book a slot in an
alternative centre/ date.
- The online test booking system is available only for those
eligible candidates who have submitted the application
forms complete in all respects on or before the last date
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to book their test
schedule in ONLINE TEST BOOKING SYSTEM
within the given time frame. VIT will not be held
accountable for the non bookings. The entrance test fee
will not be refunded under any circumstances for such
- The confirmation mail will be automatically sent to the
candidateâ€™s email address after he/she has booked his/her
schedule through the Online Test Booking System.
- Also once the booking is complete the e-Admit card will
be generated which needs to be printed by the student by
the student from our website www.vit.ac.in
Join the Movement
Counseling for admission available for under-graduate (U.G.) engineering courses such as B.E., B.Tech, Diploma in Engineering, Lateral Entry, and post-graduate (P.G.) courses M.E. and M.Tech
Contact us for admission to under-graduate (U.G.) medicine courses such as M.B.B.S., B.D.S and post-graduate (P.G.) courses such as M.S., M.D., MDS etc.
Limited seats in management colleges available now for MBA. Also contact us for other management courses such as BBA etc.