- The Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) of USA accredited Civil and Mechanical undergraduate programmes of VIT with maximum years of validity. ABET accreditation is an assurance that the university programme meets the quality standards established by the profession for which it prepares its students.
- VIT University obtained the highest possible grade of "A" from NAAC for all the programs offered by the University during the re-accreditation process in January 2009.
- Vellore Engineering College was the first educational institution in India to be awarded the ISO 9002 certificate by the DNV (Det Norske Veritas), of the Netherlands, for three years.
- Programmes at VIT have been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- VIT is the first educational institution to be honoured with the TVN-KIDAO-NIQR award instituted by the National Institute of Quality and Reliability (NIQR) for maintaining exceptional quality.
- Chancellor G. Viswanathan was honoured with the prestigious "Connect 2006 Achiever Award" by the Confederation of Indian Industry, Chennai for the achievement in the field of IT by way of creating suitable infrastructure and facilities for imparting IT education in the country. The Award was presented to him by the Union Minister for IT and Communications.
- Programmes of VIT have been accredited by the Institution of Engineers, India (IEI).
- Multinational companies such as Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) have accredited VIT to the highest level enabling VIT students to earn higher starting salary scales.
Eligiblity: Vellore Institute of Technology University
B.Tech. Degree Programmes
The applicant for admission should be a Resident / Non Resident Indian National.
Candidates appearing for the VITEEE-2016should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2016, in any one of the following qualifying examinations:
The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board; Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi); The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE, New Delhi).
Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) Level.
Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria in the Qualifying Examination:
Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2016should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the following categories:
Candidates belonging to SC/ST category
Candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
CERTIFICATE TO PROVE NATIVITY (refer Information brochure for the format) should be produced at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible for all the 14 B.Tech. Programmes..
Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible for B.Tech. Bio-Medical Engineering and Biotechnology programmes. They are also eligible for B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering (Spec. in Bioinformatics) but after joining, registering Mathematics as bridge course is mandatory.
Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1992 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2016. The date of birth as recorded in the High School / SSC / X Certificate will be considered authentic. Candidates should produce this certificate in original as a proof of their age at the time of counselling, failing for which they will be disqualified.
Once you find the course and college of your choice. We will let you know how to take admission in the college and help you in it.
Note: Please provide your phone number while filling the form. It is easier and faster to contact on the phone than email.